50 years in orbit: from evolution of ideas to revolutionary technologies
Date: November 1, 2017, Location: Moscow Four Seasons Hotel (Moscow, 2, Okhotny Ryad Street)
Plenary session: Transformation of the satellite communications industry
- Key challenges and major trends in the development of satellite communications industry in the medium term
- The satellite constellation of the future: its tasks and lines of development
- Crisis phenomena and ways to overcome them.
Development of space infrastructure
- Development of the Russian state-owned orbital constellation of civilian communication and broadcasting satellites for the period up to 2025
- Cooperation between the operator and manufacturers
- Prospects for geostationary, medium and low orbits.
Innovations in ground equipment
- The need to reduce the equipment cost
- Development of a standardized turnkey offer
- Development of fundamentally new antenna systems.
Broadcasting market in the new economic and technological realities
- Growth points for operators: in search of new ideas
- A fresh look at the traditional economic niches
- Laboratory of the future: convergence of IT and telecom